Originally Posted By: george1
My thoughts are there are many electromagnetic fields in the earth other than mineralized water - some shallow some deep.

And that is the reason why I say water witching is unreliable in my opinion. I do believe in being able to detect changes in electromagnetic fields. I do believe you may be able to find objects you already know are there somewhere. I however do not believe water witching can diagnose a 500 GPM well (what the phone call was about) from a 50 GPM well. If it can I would like someone to explain to me exactly how?

Next the one experience I had with a Water Witcher on my property did not convience me. I have capped an artesian well on my property that I accidently made years after drilling my 8" well. The artesian well was not strong enough to push water upland to where I needed it. I did not see a need to also let it run the 20' to cross the property line where a neighbor was trying to reclaim wet pasture lands. When I was at a party where a fellow was telling how he could water witch and how good it worked, I invited him to come try it out. I Walked him around the property myself observing to see what happened. Needless to say while his witching was going off at places the confined aquifer (artesian well site) was not enough water to set his witching off. Even more funny was with my pond dry at the time his witching did not do anything next to my nearly 500 GPM well. I personally wrote it off after that as nonreliable.

BTW I never said do not use the drilling service. Just that the man making the comment on the phone was not a realiable source of information (in my opinion) on where to drill a 500 GPM well (which is what the call was about).