Originally Posted By: Tums
Originally Posted By: JKB
Hey Tum's,
Can you post more detailed info about your rig?

I am into energy efficiency, and am interested in the 438 GPM rig.

Please, if you will, include all the Nut's -N- Bolt's that you know are factual.

I am out for holidays posting from A phone now. When I get back Wed. I will post best as I can with detail from my office. For now it is 220 system. 200 amp meter w/ 200 amp box. Wire run underground from there to pump station. Main lever box at station wired into fuse box for lightining
protecttion at well. 8" casing 220' deep. Will see if I can ge t pump model when I get back to office. Scedule 160 4" pipe from pump to surface around 200' . Water only around 10' below surface keeps some of the head pressure down. Mounted at surface on 1" steel free floating plate to allow for give where hits 90 degree turn

Well an interesting developement I have discovered I only have a 7.5 hp pump unless the backup I have sitting on a pallet is different. Any way it is the pump which was pulled from the well (Electrical storm run in on it) when the 438 GPM estimate was made. It is a Franklin Electric Model 2261119020 7.5 hp pump and should be linked back to the information. I know that to absolutly accurate as I read the information of the pump myself this morning.

Edit just got thru talking with the man that put the pump in. My memory has not went bad on me yet. I do have a 10 HP Franklin Electric pump model number 2366529020. So no wonder it seems to me I have been getting more than 438 GPM. I did upgrade when I pulled the other pump many years ago.

Anyway the pipe is not anchored down as it will jump when the force of the water hits the 90 degree turn at the top. Attached to the 90 degree is a distribution box for 3 4" outlets. The middle one is used for the pond as I did not want anymore direction change to slow volume down. After about 1' it runs into a 4" ball valve so I can cut it off to prevent back flow on the pump when I shut it down. Out of that it immediatly change into a 6" dia. schedule 80 sewer grade with a 22 down turn to prevent back pressure into the ground where it is 22 turned back to 6" to 10' drop for 100' (to keep from building back pressure) before splash system into the pond.

Last edited by Tums; 01/02/13 12:34 PM.