Nah, it's actually pretty accurate. First one was at 20 yds, It looks like a neck shot, but the bullet entered below the spine/neck junction and made a mess of the lungs, ending up somewhere on the far side of the diaphram. Her legs folded up and she went straight down. The 2nd one busted me at about the same distance and I couldn't get a shot. It didn't seem really spooked, it just didn't like something. I had a grunt call, so I grunted a few times, and it circled around, coming back for a look, but a LOT more cautious. It stopped behind a tree at about 80 yds, and sorta of peered around it. All I could see was it's left shoulder and it's neck/head. Thanks to Todd, I got a Primos trigger stick (bipod style) and that really helps steady the gun when I'm standing.

From a bench, it's shot groups that were in the 1/4" high x 5/8" wide range @ 100 Yds if I concentrate. .50 cal Savage Muzzleloader, 43.5g IMR-4759, MMP Short black sabot, 250g SST or T/C Shockwave, CCI 209M Primer. Right around 2300 fps MV.

The .45 cal Savage (a rebarreled .50 cal) is shooting about the same accuracy, but a LOT flatter since it's shooting a 195g Barnes "X" bullet at around 2900+ fps. 68.0g H-4198, Harvestor Blue sabot, same CCI primer.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).