Originally Posted By: rmedgar
Used 1", and only got about 12gpm. Could I use the 2" trash pump with the 300'
of 1" pvc pipe? Also, I'll need to do something to try an increase the amount of gas the pump will hold. The pump will be set next to the creek, and pull the water up about 5' before it pushes it up to the pond.

That's why I asked the size you used, to get a better handle on your situation. You could use the old 1" line. However, I would tend to go 2" if that's what your pump is. You can shop around and find the discharge hose lower priced sometimes. Heck, if you lived closer I would lend you mine, but the shipping is a killer. If you switched to 2", you'll be amazed how much faster the filling will go. I am guessing that it will push aprox 3 times the volume of water than the 1". I had it all figured out at one time when I needed it. Another benefit, you would get more volume of water per gallon of gas. If you could rent a 4" trash pump and hose, I would imagine that you could get it all filled in a day or two (maybe others would know exactly). Of course, your water source would have to keep up with it.