Jeff I may be new here but I have to say I am sorry for your misfortune and I'm glad all is well with your wife.

I will also add I admire your restraint,as one of the younger members of the forum chances are I'd be turning over stones best left unturned if I was in your shoes...........If you know what I mean.

With that said the advice given on the CL app is sound and well worth taking.

As far as the link Adirondack pond posted,I took a look and again while sound advice it is essentially a car alarm.The fact that it was a car alarm got me thinking(I worked for a car sound and security place in HS),because there are quite a few that have a sim card option these days.In other words if you have cell service and with a bit of help from folks here you could easily have a alarm that sends you a text message,triggers video etc,etc for a reasonable price.There are quite a few on the market these days that offer sms alerts to a smart phone and even a video record option.

I hate to say this but many of us are in your shoes as absentee owners,myself included,but with a little help from some forum members(I have one in particular in mind)I feel we could come up with a reasonably priced remote system for not a lot of money.That might set a few scumbags in another direction wink