Update: All trees have been removed from dam. Prep work has been done and everything is ready for contractor to come in next week. Spillway will be a two stage. 50ft being 18in below dam and another 25ft 12in below the top of dam. The water level will be controled with a siphon pipe. Engineer says if we drop the water level to 18" below the spillway we are good for a twenty five year rain with a 12in pipe. This is because of the storage of twenty three acres and 18" of freeboard. Just for good measure im gonna put another 12" siphon pipe 6-8" above the other which will cut on while still having 10" of freeboard.
One question I have: I pulled all of the pine trees off of the dam and piled them at the bottom of the dam. These piles or windrows are about 8ft tall and are made up of 18-20in pines and at full pool will be in 28-32ft of water. Thinking about leaving them for structure. Any thoughts?
Most of the bottom around the open dam area is a shell type rock. I have actually been digging a lot of it out for a long driveway. If i do some soil tests around the shallower banks, what type of results and ph am i looking for?
Thanks for the intrests and input.