Originally Posted By: esshup
Originally Posted By: Tums
Please come to South Alabama and harvest all the does you want. I killed 2 last season without a gun by using the steel bumper of my Superduty F250. We are allowed to harvest 2 Unantlered Deer per Day here in our 109 day season (OCt 15 thru Jan 31) for a total of 218 deer max per season per person.

If you have a place to hunt (or hunt on public land) we can harvest many more than that. Bonus antlerless quota is set for every county in the state. Here's a map showing the bonus antlerless quotas:
http://www.eregulations.com/indiana/hunting/bonus-antlerless-deer/

BGK, nice going! We should be selective in harvesting bucks because we can only take one per year total, no matter what weapon or season. Last year I got a small racked 4 point in the last 5 minutes of the last archery season. The bigger bucks that I was seeing a year earlier all disappeared.

Here they Keep a limit for hunters and the farmers are allowed to kill many of them off year round. I hear talk from time to time of farmers killing as many as a 100 per night. Here is the non hunting law in Alabama for taking deer.

Section 9-11-240
Opening of season for hunting, etc., of female deer and unantlered male deer.

Any law of the State of Alabama to the contrary notwithstanding, the Commissioner of Conservation and Natural Resources is hereby authorized to open a season in any county, area or section of the state for the hunting, taking, capturing and killing of female deer or unantlered male deer by a duly promulgated regulation when, in his best judgment, he deems it necessary for biological reasons or because of crop damage to open the season on such deer, provided this meets with the approval of the landowner or leaseholder.

(Acts 1966, Ex. Sess., No. 180, p. 213, § 1.)

Congrats to all of you that have had success in your hunts.