Thanks to everyone for their insight and help with this. I am definately going to keep catching some of the little ones, as they grow bigger, to eventually get a good/solid ID of what they might be. I am also going to try to catch those parents which would be the best ID.

But whatever they are, I need to decide on a course of action and am curious on some thoughts of everyone. At this time, a total killoff is not the route I want to go. It may be the best, but when I started the pond renovation my "perfect pond" idea was to be O.K. with "imperfections". I don't want something to where I have to obsess over it just being right. It has already exceeded my expectations, and nature has just thrown me a curve ball, and I will take the challenge. I enjoy that part of the process just as much as anything else. If it is a failure by "my standards" after I give it a try, then in 5 years I may consider redoing it all again and be that much wiser from the experience.

What would be everyones idea of WHEN should I stock? Is it right now to get stockers competing with whats in there now? Should I wait for other reasons, like bad time of year or the need to build a forage base?

Thank you, Jim