Looking on a map it looks like you are on the same line as Jackson Mississippi, Montgomery Alabama, and about half way between Atlanta Georgia and Tallahassee Florida. The point being is, why Northern Bass?

If it were my pond, and like I said...I am envious that you have a nine acre pond in TX, I would do it like this. Its just my opinion. I'm not trying to tell you what to do. Its just what I would do.

Year One (Fall)
Fathead Minnows @ 100 pounds
Golden Shiners @ 1000 shiners
Lake Chubsuckers @ as many as you can catch until you hit 1000
Grass Shrimp @ if you can count them God bless you LOL
Papershell Crayfish @ if you can find 'em 500 pounds

Year Two (Fall)
Coppernose Bluegill @ 4000 gills
Redear Sunfish @ 800 redears

Year Three (Spring)
Northern Largemouth Bass @ 225 fingerlings
Florida Largemouth Bass @ 225 fingerlings
Channel Catfish @ 450 fingerlings
Threadfin Shad @ 9,000 shad

Year Four (Spring)
Blue Tilapia @ whatever you can afford up to 25lb per acre

That would be my strategy given that you were able to create suitable habitat and get the right types of plants growing in your pond.

The only thing that I know about Hybrid Stripers is that they are put and take and if you want them go ahead and put them in. I don't know about how many, I would ask someone else to weigh in on the subject.

My guess is that by year five you would be pulling some pretty solid bass out of there and then the race would be on to harvest enough bass every year to keep everything in check.

You may not believe it, but you will have so many smaller bass that you need to cull (in the one pound area) that you will have plenty of fish to fry up whenever you like. It will just take a little time to get there.

Reality is constantly ruining my life.