Thanks for the response gentlemen! I do plan to grow fish, currently I have stocked 15lbs of fat heads in April and of course with the irragation from the river I believe I sucked up every minnow that section of river had. My concern with this is the carp and unwanted species but on the same note without the 8 million or so gallons we pumped into the pond over this summer it would be nothing more than a big dried up hole at this point. Sorry Bill on the plant pictures, I was down at the pond this afternoon when I took them and walked the banks and found some of those plants growing on the banks out of the water. I have to see what I have but our local chemical salesman sold me a gallon of stuff I used on Duck Weed earlier this year at our lake front house. Should I use just a common roundup on the weeds going in the pond? That duck weed stuff was $187 for a gallon. Will roundup have any adverse affects on the pond or anything in it? Thanks again guys I have tons of questions, I want this to be one of those ponds I can fish, the kids can swim, the views are short of amazing and the neighbors are envious! LOL.....thanks again!