Edit:Bill responded as I was typing. Heed his advice. He has been around this stuff for a long time. Muck is deceiving because it will all level out nice and flat. You start in it when it is only a few inches deep, and then before you know it your in a deep whole covering your whole dozer....

You will have to work it out as you go. Just when you get it figured out, invariables will force you to change plans. If you can cut the dam down to drain all of it, that will help tremendously. I am glad to hear that you can push it out and downhill out of the way. Trucking it is a hassle. Bill mentioned some good advice on moving the muck earlier. I was told to start on one side and take solid dirt and create a dam that starts pushing against the muck. In a very carefull approach, the muck will slide ahead of that solid dirt/dam and you can move it in the direction you want without having to be in it. Of course this is dependent on if it really is a soft muck like watery concrete. It turned out that I could not do it this way because of my terrain.

The one bit of advice that was given to me that was simple but worth its weight in gold. "As you work, always plan as if it is going to rain in the next hour."

Last edited by fish n chips; 08/14/12 09:12 PM.