Esshup, there is no way that I will be able to get above the trees, I can set it as far away as needed, the pond is in the middle of a pasture feild in basically a thicket. That is why I have been clearing it out. I would suspect that once it is clear, there will be very few trees anywhere near the pond. Maybe 25 very large maple or oaks. As far as setting it a couple hundred feet from the pond, that is not an issue with space, only with cost. As long as I can talk my wife into it, distance should not be an issue. We are set to drain now, as soon as the rain stops, we will cut the dam open and get all the water out.

The pond has hundreds of big mature bullfrogs. I have made several trips over there in the last couple of days to thin them out, will they return when the water does? Will a SMB eat a bullfrog or tadpoles? Again just some questions that I have wondered about. Thanks again for all of the help guys.

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." -