Sprkplug, I was searching the internet for what I can expect after a Fluridone treatment in my 2 acre pond (for DW and Coontail) on July 4th. You have certainly answered all my questions and I'm so glad it was such a success for you! Thanks for the great posts and updates.

4 weeks in and all of the weeds along the shoreline are dead. As far as the DW and coontail, it's hard to tell if there's been any effect. It appears there's no new DW as my pond was a solid blanket of it, yet it seems thinner but again no real visible change in color. I did put in 2 gallons of pond dye prior to the fluridone (allgaire)and as I've read sunlight will breakdown fluridone, since July 4th we've had little if no rain and days-on-end of nothing but hot, bright sunny days. Hopefully the dye is preventing that breakdown.

I attached a couple pictures from July 14th, 10 days after fluridone treatment.

I too am anxious to start fishing again and swimming. So I'm in hopes it's just a matter of giving it more time. And as a side-note I've been working with Ted Lea at Cleanponds and he's been fantastic to work with!

I'm patiently optimistic.

Thanks again for your great updates!

Attached Images
grassesalongtheshore.JPG Fromdistance.JPG

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES