That seems to me to be a tall order. Trying to manage for the best possible genetics in what amounts to a wild population of fish? I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to these matters, but it would appear to me that falling back on the basics of water quality, food, and properly determined harvest practices, are the only variables open for manipulation, once the initial stockings have taken place.

I suppose one could tag every single LMB upon stocking, then maintain fanatical records for the next few years concerning every single fish caught, fish heavy, conduct frequent and routine electroshock/ sampling sessions, comparing those fish against an established benchmark, eliminating those individuals who didn't exceed that benchmark. That would seem, in my mind at least, to hold the best possible chance of retaining quality genetics. A very tall order to say the least, and there's certainly no guarantee that the fish spawned from those genetics would exceed the potential of their parents. Sounds like an uphill battle, as well as a near impossibility to implement.

A put and take LMB fishery would give you more control over genetics, but surely the costs and timeframe involved would render it unfeasible.

Just some ramblings from an interested amateur observer. I look forward to reading the more informed opinions.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.