Well last Thursday I called and order fish to pick up on Saturday.

Told Them 25 Channel Catfish, 25, Albino Catfish, 190 Bluegill, 60 Redear.

She ask me if I wanted Regular Bluegill or Hybrid I told her Regular.

Well got their busy with other customers, told her my name she wrote the phone order on the pick/receipt ticket I handed her the money gave me change and told me to pull around.

First Mistake (Should have repeated the order to her)

While I was pulling around she handed my son the receipt he put it in his pocket.

Second Mistake (Should have looked at receipt)

We both busy hooking up cord to battery and running over truck to trailer while they put water in barrel and got the fish.

Third Mistake (Should have repeated the order)

Done and getting ready to leave ask son if he had receipt he said yes in pocket.

Fourth Mistake (Should have got it from him then)

Well drove out transfer fish too cooler and drove them to lake on atv pour them in.

No. 1 one goal today was to let my 17 year old son put the pour the fish in so one day he could remember back when it stocked it.

Well we took some photos when i saw the fish it look a little different then what I was expecting but I manage deer/turkey just starting fish so didn't think much of it.

Well next day download photos and look at receipt their the word HYBRID ugg.

Well call local fish biologist he said go ahead and get stock the regular bluegill, call hatchery they had none but would get some for me by end of week, they are great did not charge me for them either stock them yesterday.

Biologist said just keep track when fishing, I lost about 20 +- in barrel from travel.

So the perfect storm hit.

Now trying to find information all I can find is "Don't stock straight bluegill with hybrid Bluegill" but does not say why.

So how screwed am I??????????????????????????????

Sorry for long post.

Some Good news I had hundreds of tadpoles last saturday and I thought that might make for good food for the catfish.

When I stock the bluegill the tadpole where just about gone. I can only assume they had been eaten.

Also I stocked fathead minnows in Mid April and I could see hundreds of new baby fathead minnows.

Last edited by horntagger; 05/25/12 09:47 AM.