Originally Posted By: Instar
I must agree with Cecil Baird 1. You are evidently misreading these sources. The US EPA lists the chronic level of Iron in water at 1000 micrograms/Liter. This translates into 1.0 ppm. See what the tests results are. Meanwhile, the pH level of your well water is problematic. How this will affect your pond will depend on how much you are adding at a time. What is the present AM/PM pH readings of the pond water?

Instar:

Tested pond Ph at 1:00 PM today, it was 9.0, tested pond Ph at 8:30 PM tonight, it was 9.0
9.0 is as high as my test kit goes, could be higher at mid-day based on your graphs.
Is there a quick way to lower Ph. I use PH down in the Hot Tub! Is there one for a really big not so hot tub?.

The info. I was reading was obviously in-correct, I was not mis-reading it, I wonder if all three sites accessed the same source for their mis-information. I hate it when I have trouble getting accurate info. easily, I've become spoiled and lazy using the internet so much, one must be careful I guess, thank goodness I found Pond Boss and all you devoted pondsters.............Budster