Our 1 acre pond in sw Grayson county tx has been crystal clear all of its 12 years. Overnight about 3 weeks ago it got murky. I brought in a jar of water and let it settle over night but it didn't settle, rather the green algae floated to the top.

It got worse this weekend and is green soup and very ugly!

The pond got very low - probably 4 feet deep vs 10-12 normal during the drought but filled up with winter and spring rains. Didn't get the algae until after it filled up.

I have never fertilized and there are no fertilized fields that run off into the pond. We have some neighbors that have been fishing quite a bit and it was after one of their fishing days that the water first became murky due to the floating suspended algae.

I have a gallon of copper sulfate but have been reluctant to use it. I have read about barley straw and such but there is no barley in is area that I know of. Have never had a fish kill. It has bass and channel cat which I used too feed but my feeder quit working a couple of years ago. I did hand feed last summer some but no more than the fish would eat. And have not fed this spring at all.

Any ideas would be appreciated.