Hey folks! Been a while but I have been doing plenty of lurking and learning. I just have been given the title of "Pond Boss" and am now in charge of our community pond. I look forward to my first copy of Pond Boss Magazine and soaking up all the info I can to make the lake I live on as well as some farm ponds I own the best they can be. I really want to thank yall for the HELP and FREE information yall continue to give folks! Guys like Greg Grimes and ALL of yall who have made aquatic/fisheries mangement your Professions but continue to "give it away" on here certainly prove you love what you do!-thank yall! Ok, the diagram showing the parasitic lifecycle that was provided earlier in this thread seems to hit the nail on the head. I noticed that when the water cooled off for winter, there were less affected fish. I assume that warmer water temps would serve as better conditions for all involved in the chain and this seems to have held true. With that said, I removed and continue to remove every bass under 14" and all that are really thin. There are 16 homeowners on the lake but I am the only one who fishes. I have several needy families that I take fish to maybe three times a week now that the bite is red hot. CJBS2003 asked about my forage fish and this is an area that bafffles me. I will post some pics of the different sun fishes I have been catching daily. I love to fly fish and have a special love for these guys. What I am confused about is the fact that they are ALL big....I have not seen or caught a "small" bream yet and I caught over 70 in one day last week. Is there a forage size that is "missing"? None of the bream have the parasites and are fat as mud. Got to go feed my new baby girl but will post pics when I return. Any info in regards to specific species, condition or general comments are appreciated!