The pond in question is 5 acres. Tha average depth is 6' and the maximum depth is 8' on one end. The lake is below the dam of a large lake and is fed by a double screened siphon tube over the dam. The pond has an outflow on one end. There will be some movement to the pond water so whether winterkill is an issue or not is for you to say. This pond was used by a local walleye association to raise fry for stocking local lakes. It was completely drained 2 years ago and then refilled. There are no fish in the pond now. The pond is located in mid-Michigan. The owner has asked me to stock his pond. I am looking for 2 programs 1) FREE which would simply be catching fish from another lake and dumping them in the pond...existing natural food sources only. 2) Purchasing specific fishes and perhaps to even buy minnows to establish a forage base. The owner has the money to do just about anything with the pond, but may not be willing to spend anything.
I have had some input from locals who have ponds with fish, but I am getting some conflicting recommendations. If there is anything else about the pond I can tell you, please ask. Thank you very much for any and all input.