Originally Posted By: Todd3138
Thanks, and great pics of the 25 you caught and ate the other day! Sounds like that pond is really producing for you.

Todd,

Actually it's become more of a holding pond since I took the trout off line for a couple of years.

It's supposed to hold male only perch and female only bluegills as I want to control reproduction in separate ponds from the grow out ponds. Apparently the female perch are showing up because when I sexed the perch some were not definite males but not clearly females so they went into this pond. Looks most of these fish if not all turned out to be females. I also had a few male bluegill in the pond and subsequent reproduction due to the dumping in of some RAS mixed sex bluegills when I needed the tanks for yellow perch.

I will be seining and draining the pond in the next few days and will once again use it as trout pond this fall. Still haven't decided exactly what I will do with it until then.

BTW good to hear from you!

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 03/18/12 10:29 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.