My first post. Just built a new pond this past summer. Got a engineer to look at the dirt/silty sand/red clay/rocks. He said I will need clay or Bent so it will hold water. Got around 35 loads of blue clay from another pond last summer had mounds of clay let dry had dozier come in and spread the clay down in the pond. Let dry for another week finished the dozier work before fall. The clay dries like cement and holds water like a drum in the deepest part. My pond is half an acre few acres of runoff and I have my pump running water in it now. Since this is it's first year I am curious to see if it will hold? I can say that it has not gone down I have a 1 1/2 hp pump running water in it and I can see it go up everyday. Not even thinking about fish at this moment just I am happy to see it rise. I have around 6 more feet and it will be to the spill way. I am sure it will go down and until it gets saturated. I see when it rains it gets muddy but after around 2 weeks with no rain it gets a grayish green. What do you think about this? I pray it will hold!.