Originally Posted By: esshup
The condition of the LMB looks good. I'd definately say you are well on your way!
Sweet. That's what I wanted to hear. The goals of the fishery are balance, not to make lunkers, so so long as we can keep them healthy like this, the homeowners will be happy. A few 4-5 lbers, though, wouldn't hurt my feelings at all, so until it is more than just the one that I've caught a few times, I'll keep at it.
Originally Posted By: esshup
Pike like to suspend in weeds and ambush prey as it swims by.
Yeah, you guys have taught me that. I suppose, since i will be targeting them under the ice this year, my question is whether or not those habits change. It seems that we've identified 3 pike-friendly areas in the spring & fall, and I was wondering do their habits change? should I look to another area under the ice? Last year, I caught those 3 pike-cicles above all in the area where that really steep drop-off is directly across from my dad's house, near where he is slowly building his cover of fake plants and such (those fake plants were not in place last winter). But since we identified heavier areas in the spring/fall, should I change my location? should i go where i knew i could find them in the spring? or back to where i found those 3 last year in the winter?

Thanks
Mike

Trying to help with 7.5 Acres in the Chain of Lakes Illinois
- -
The fish would stay out of trouble if it could just keep its fool mouth shut.
Turns out there is a lot I should be learning from the fish.