Welcome Jerry. Building a pond, and doing it right, isn't something that you rush into. Hiring a guy who has a big yellow machine isn't the first step. Fortunately, there are some good sources of information. Almost all of them are right here.

The first step is to define your goals. That's usually easier said then done until you get enough knowledge to really understand ponds, their construction, and the nuances. Doing it wrong and regretting rushing in is fairly common.

To shortcut the process, I would contact the Pond Boss office and buy a copy of Bob Lusks book "Perfect Pond...Want One?". I would also buy "Raising Trophy Bass". I think it is misnamed because it's about a lot more than the title suggests. Buying those is more of a long term investment than an expense. Most of us also subscribe to the Pond Boss magazine. It helps pay for this free site.

Start reading the archives here and let things soak in as you go.

Hang around and join in the discussions. Sometimes it really, really, helps to have a sense of humor here. We've all made a lot of long term friendships and even the Yankees are nice guys. Yeah, I know it's hard to believe but they really are.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP