Originally Posted By: Bill Cody
Scooping up temperature stressed tilapia is a lot easier said than done. It can work but several conditions have to all align up together for it it be easy; the right time and the right place sort of thing. Plus a significiant percentage sink when they are dying or are dead.

I agree Bill, some had more spunk that others and swam off still fairly quick. Netting was pretty easily done to the "more sluggish" ones. What I've found out since is that they vanish quickly? I dunno where they go? For instance: A few weeks ago we had a warmer calm, sunny 60 degree weekend. We visually observed 200 or more around the perimeter of the pond near the banks, we walked around netting the sluggish ones and the ones that swam off we figured we get the next day, well the numbers have dwindled fast it went from seeing a bunch of them in a day or two to less and less everyday now they are just gone...Not seeing any dead ones no floaters nothing? It's been down in the low 30's high 20's for the last week or so, should I suspect they are gone????