Ken, you surely do have a handle on how to best utilize a deer. Sniper mentioned earlier that he prefers venison over beef and pork. If all other aspects were equal, would venison be your choice of meat also? I'm only asking because I wonder if I'm missing out on something here.

Let's put it this way. If I were a patron at the best steakhouse in the country, and they served beef and venison filets, same price, based on my experiences with venison I'm going with beef and never looking back. Which would you choose? Obviously, everyone's taste is different, but if you would still choose venison over beef then I feel that I haven't experienced the best that deer meat has to offer, and need to give it another chance.

If, on the other hand, venison is desireable mostly because of it's easy availability, and low costs when processed at home, then taste is not the primary factor in choosing it over beef, and I'm better off sticking with my angus. I'm still going to try and obtain some venison steaks and give it a shot, I'm just trying to find someone who really enjoys deer, to gain some insight into it's preparation.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.