hello pond boss! ive been following this site for a year or two and will FINALLY start my own pond soon. i purchased 2.25 acres in louisiana back in '09 and have been saving to build a custom home. the wife and i house shopped for about 6 months and couldnt find what we wanted. one of the prerequisites was that it had to be on the water. after alot of searching, we finally decided to build our own place. she is an engineer and im a construction manager so we figured we could put our skills together and build our dream home.

there is approximately 10' of drop from the front of the property to the back. roughly in the middle is a slope that accounts for about 6' of drop. i plan on building my house on the top of the hill overlooking the pond. the pond will be approximately .6 - .75 of an acre, will be 6-7' deep, and will house LMB and BG.
i finished the clearing about two weeks ago and have been waiting for a weekend with calm winds to lite the burn piles. my tigers are playing a cupcake in football saturday so this weekend would be as good a time as ever.

i have access to equipment at work but, most of it is tied up on jobs. therefore, i have looked at getting a contractor to dig the pond for me. a friend of mine has recommended a couple of guys that are pond builders that sell the dirt and can do it virtually for free. i should be meeting with them within the next couple of weeks.

i will try to keep you guys updated with pictures, as well as ask for help and suggestions. i appreciate all the experience and knowledge that you guys share on here.

Last edited by a-ron; 08/10/13 05:03 PM.