Good call Sprk - northern ponds could resemble bathtubs and you'd still have BG management issues. If you don't, most likely have overpopulated stunted LMB population. Sigh.

To quote Lusk, West, Cody...think 3-6' for your structure. Lusk says dense and fluffy for panfish/forage [BG] and keep deep water close for ambush areas for LMB.

I love cinder blocks for structure, but have a couple suggestions:

Collect and build something more centralized in 3-4 locations in 3-6' water. Stacking them can serve as BG condos as discussed on this forum eons ago. I know Condello and Matos found very large BG loved cavities/condos. I would use 8-10 and create such a structure wide at bottom and taper upwards providing steady base - like a pyramid.

Like Scott I worry the structure is only 12-24" off the pond bottom. Fish aren't using anaerobic water on the bottom of the pond as much as they are the more shallow edges. Would make for decent ice fishing structure though. Still, I'd consider condensing, stacking, and moving to 3-4 locations more shallow.

These are just my opinions/observations in my pond. I'm sure lots of others will chime in.

Great looking pond and thanks for sharing your story. Keep posting and keep us updated.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]