I think you will find most of us agree that fish habitat can improve your fishery many different ways, far more than just congregating fish to catch them.

In my opinion,habitat,structure,cover,attractors all work much the same way and are synonomous. All creatures feel vulnerable when out in the open. Habitat provides refuge for young fry to hide and grow without being eaten. It also provides ambush spots for fish to hunt around.

If a group of structure holds small forage fish that are hiding, the predators gather to try to eat them. That is why the word attractor has been used for so long. By providing cover for some fish to hide and grow, your fishery can grow more larger fish eating the larger forage available. It is important to provide habitat from the shallow 1-3 foot range out to the deeper drops in a somewhat continuous line. If the young fry hiding in the shallows have to swim all the way out to 8-10 feet to find the next form of habitat, they often get eaten on the way.

I like your cinder blocks and will fish well. I would recommend some shallow cover as well for your new stocked fish to begin to hide from the bass. Good luck and send the pics along!