Well, since you asked grin.....

Positive aspects of HBG, as perceived by me:
*They are far less likely to over-reproduce and become stunted when compared to native BG. I believe they should still be stocked together with a predatory species, however.
*As esshup stated, their larger mouths permit them to utilize additional prey items, if such forage is available.
*I find mine not always willing to bite, contrary to widely held beliefs. However, when they're "on", the bite can be hot and heavy.
*They grow faster than native BG initially. I have noticed growth rate slowing down after two years.
*Pound for pound, they are brutes on light tackle, and will put my native BG to shame.
*They will consume more of their own offspring than a native BG will. That's a win-win situation in my book. Less competition, more protein!

Negative aspects:
*They must be restocked by the pond owner as they are removed. A perpetual cash outlay.
*Most folks want a balanced pond, with multiple species present, usually including LMB. These fish will not provide enough forage to grow numbers of Bass to the sizes usually considered desireable.
*They don't grow larger than native BG. True. But can they grow to the SAME size?

Many studies report that native BG will outgrow HBG, as far as ultimate growth potential is concerned. However, several of these studies were conducted in carefully controlled, indoor grow out tanks. Hayward and Wang, found that: "The more rapid growth of Bluegills that continued through fall and into winter in the laboratory, in contrast to the BxG hybrids, would NOT have occurred in ponds at most latitudes due to suboptimal fall/winter growth temperatures."

So, under highly controlled lab conditions it seems probable that BG will outperform HBG. Under the real world conditions that most northern pondmeisters face, well, I think I will just observe mine for a couple more years.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.