Quote:
Originally posted by Greg Grimes:
Waymon good advice so far. One quick point. I shocked a lake yesterday. Typical bass heavy BUT also had been in dye program for the last 3 years. It was the worst fish porduciton I have ever seen and think I have now shocked over 1,000 ponds.

My point is I have always spoke of negative impact of dye. This even surprised me. 8 bass and all with 65% Wr or less. Use fish food but if weed problem develops use herbicides or grass carp not dye except ok during winter months.
Ah but were the bass and bluegill fed twice daily on intensive basis? I doubt it. I have relative weights up to and beyond the charts in my pond by feeding both species including trophy size yellow perch. Granted this pond is not dyed due to flow through but it it wasn't flow through I wouldn't hesitate.

My male bluegill pond is just getting started, but considering they are feed trained bluegills 100 percent I don't worry about the dye. I dyed a small holding pond that was packed with feed trained bluegills (both sexes) in the past, and had an incredible carrying capacity for the size of the pond.

The fish farmer I get my female perch from on an annual basis dyes all his ponds.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.