“Still dreaming” update
I've now had two engineers at the site. The first est. is 7k just for the engineering stamps and permit prep etc including a site visit from a consultant for the first step of a feasibility study. This will include the research or answers of can I pump from the creek to have additional water supply if needed bla bla bla. The dirt mover has only given a very rough est of around 30k. Everything is still very early but moving forward. It appears the days of just getting a dirt mover are over. The county requires permits and more bla bla bla or is that $ $ $ and with satellite and flyover surveys every cpl years they will confront home owners and the days of do it and ask for forgiveness are over.
I should have the 2nd engineering est in about a week. These guys got to be hungry with the constructions business hurting. My goal or budget is 5k for permits and engineering, The dirt mover is still to soon to even gue$$ other than the 30k
So as of now I’m thinking 35 to 40 k for a .5 to .75 acre pond OUCH. Is this way out of line $$$. Would love to hear what others think