Thanks for all the suggestions guys. The lake is north of Lake Ontario, but not by much. I imagine it's as ewest suggested in that LMB may not faire that well up there, but I'm no expert.

Shorty, it's funny you mention that article...that's what brought my buddy and me to this forum.

Theo, they're Northern Pike, but I think only a couple have been introduced - they certainly aren't native to that particular pond (I've been fishing it with my buddy for about 15 years, my buddy's been fishing it since he was a little tike, and last year was the first we ever caught one - maybe for as long as he's been fishing it as well). My buddy is a little concerned about them. On the one hand, they might keep the bass populations (RB, LMB, and SMB) in check somewhat, but he doesn't want the NP to take over. Any suggestions on that front would be appreciated. The perch populations aren't what they used to be either. I don't know if that has something to do with the increase in SMB or the introduction of the BG and NP.

Thanks again guys.