Originally Posted By: BSFan
Hey guys... I just registered and wanted to thank you for all the great posts. Had someone tell me about these little creatures. I looked them up and instantly got hooked! Built a home made system and hope to "Attract" some locals if there are any. I Don't have a lot of money to invest but I would love to start up a colony to fish with, help our environment with less scraps (i recycle so this gets me one step further) and just a weird hobby in general! Ill probably read this thread over and over so keep it up! Wish me luck and I will keep you posted!

Originally Posted By: GW
Hmp. I thought for sure this would be a lively topic.

You can take household waste (food of every type and even poo if you like), and convert it into highly nutritious live fish food at a 4 to 1 ratio, AND...

...it is basically free

...sells for $5 - $10 per "cup" as "Phoenix worms"

...is self-harvesting

...and is a ready supply of great bait.

BSF -- For a thread that the originator was concerned wouldn't get any attention, this subject is probably the largest and/or longest running thread on the Pond Boss site.

We're glad you found us, even if it was through a somewhat less than appetizing subject.

If you are into recycling, you might also try raising redworms. They are tough, easy, and very inexpesive to raise. They eat anything edible, kind of the like the soldier flies. Here is a thread that has a little bit about raising them:

Redworms\

Good luck,
Ken

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!