Originally Posted By: sprkplug
Don't even get me started.... I have several neighbors who let their animals roam free, and not just dogs and cats either. The ones next door have a "mini farm", (their real house is in town), and their menagerie includes: goats, dogs ,cats, miniature and full size horses, pigs, rabbits, and chickens. The rabbits and chickens never last long, so they go out and get more. The sad part is they don't have a clue how to properly care for the animals, and their fence-building skills leave a lot to be desired also. They seem to think that just because they live out in the country they should be allowed to have whatever animals they want. That's fine, but animals are work, period. You have to be willing and able to tend to their needs, and maintain the property to accomodate them. You can't blame an animal for constantly getting out when they're hungry. I have a business here at my home, (I repair outdoor power equipment) and it's ridiculous when my customers have to wait while the neighbor's goats and horses cross MY drive in front of them. Not to mention the time I looked out, and a goat had it's front feet in the seat of a late model John Deere X585, $$$. That stuff won't fly with me. Although I don't blame the animals, I've talked till' I'm blue in the face, to no avail. The law doesn't want to get involved, so I guess that leaves the three "S's"... Shoot, Shovel, and Shut up. Goat? what goat? you missing a goat? huh, I'll sure keep my eyes open, hope you find it....

See, I said not to get me started....

I feel for ya!

My dad had a friend that was also a Green Beret that saved my dad's life in Vietnam. He's quite well off and owns just about every gun there is, and if he has only one of two that are out there, he has the option to buy the other one if the owner wants to sell.

He is an incredible shot and even offered to show me how to make a homemade silencer when I had a federal permit to shoot herons -- as not to excite the neighbors with the sound of a gun. I didn't take him up on it though.

Anyway to make a long story short his neighbors had some kind of birds that made a racket during all hours of the day. Talking to them got nowhere. So he picked them off one by one with a pellet gun and the neighbor couldn't figure out where all his birds were going. grin

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.