Never used/been on a forum before...

We have about a 2 acre pond. It's almost 2years old. I've been on the Internet off and on for the past year trying to learn how to manage our pond. Finally found this place. Seems like a whole bunch of good people!!!

Our pond has never been clear. It looked like it was going to clear up twice but it didn't. We have no live stock. And pretty much have grass all around the pond even in the runoff areas where the land drains into the pond. We've been weeks with no rain and it doesn't clear even then.
I have stocked only perch. We had a lot of baby catfish. Don't know how they got there but we trapped them out with crawfish traps til I wasn't catching anymore.

I've tried the vinegar test and NOTHING settled out. We did put 1000 lbs. Of gypsum in the pond. Powder gypsum and we cast it into the prop wash of a small boat. NO results. The pond is irregular shaped. Has two 14-15 feet spots, a trench at least 15 ft deep about 60 feet long, and the rest is 3-4 feet with one side having a shallow sloping bank.

What next,
Thanks
Donovan

We filled the pond from the Sabine River Authority canal. There was VERY clear water in the bottom of the pond which looked like it was coming from under ground before we pumped canal water into it.