Josh

I used a skid loader on 80T of rock, but had to hand place most of it because were were 3/4 full pool - you know the story. You will be at an advantage with much less water. At any rate I can help you with boulder piles/fields if you want - I used plans directly from PB forum.

If I were to do it over again I'd follow Bill's and Aaron Matos advice and build a shelf around a section of the pond 3-4' deep and make my SMB beds there. You've seen how many I built by hand, it's not rocket science, but it takes a long long time solo. I think I could improve on my design a lot and will relate my ideas to you.

If I were you I'd get as much concrete as possible and just stack it. You may not use it all for pond structure but I bet you will for your siltation/catch ponds - that rock will be very useful in making sediment dykes to slow the water and allow particulate to drop and not flow into your pond.

IMO you can't ever have enough rock around...you can make paths, casting platforms, structure, etc. Considering we Nebraskans are not blessed with much rock over a fist size in the glacial till, I'd hold onto whatever you can get your hands on.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]