First, a very big welcome to Pond Boss.

Second, what part of Virginia are you in? I see mountains in the photos, which makes me think you must be west of I-95.

My friend Rex (Rainman)posted just before me, so some things could be redundant -- but with just a short review of his post, I fully agree with what he says.

We had a gathering yesterday, just west of Winchester, VA, of pond experts, dirt moving experts, soil scientists, and and other knowledgeable pond and fisheries people. We were discussing with the Pond Boss himself, Mr. Bob Lusk, how easy it is to build ponds across the Northern and Western parts of Virginia, and much of West Virginia -- since it is predominately heavy clay, and we have an abundance of rain, even during droughts.

Your photos, and your description of the stream, sure make it sound like a pond is feasible.

Give us a little more info. The NCRS usually has a pretty good staff, but from the photos and writeup, something just ain't right.

If you are persistent, like one the long-time Pond Boss participants who was involved in our meetings yesterday, I think you could be successful in this dream. There are many innovative paths that won't bankrupt the bank account. Our persistent friend found a very low cost source of pond-sealing bentonite at a kitty-liter facility in southern Pennsylvania.

Maybe we can help.

Ken

Last edited by catmandoo; 03/06/11 06:50 PM. Reason: Rainman posted just before me

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!