The beaver is dead, but was nasty so I looped a chain through the spring and attached it to a tree in the woods. The scavengers can clean it for me. I have no idea where the other trap ended up, not anywhere I can tell. Tripped and drug off somewhere maybe? All of the sticks we stuck in the mud to guide the beaver into the trap were gone as well. Hopefully this was the only one or the other trap got a second one since I had nothing to reset. It made 2 more ponds on the creek behind the dam before the trap got it.

Really dead beaver, vultures were just starting to work on it when I drove up:

pond march 4 2011 002 by jeffreythree1, on Flickr

New pond number 1, natural low spot had a little help with a mud pushing beaver.

pond march 4 2011 007 by jeffreythree1, on Flickr

New pond 2, outflow creek dammed by the rascal:

pond march 4 2011 003 by jeffreythree1, on Flickr

It raised the water level so high my shooting lane is waterlogged and the feeder could now be used for fish:

pond march 4 2011 005 by jeffreythree1, on Flickr

I got to play with the tractor finalley and mow the main access areas of the pond and the ~1000 ft of dam top:

pond march 4 2011 001 by jeffreythree1, on Flickr

One of these days I need someone with a mulching head to come in, this is my dam and there is a pond somewhere on the left. The mower at least made it where I can walk the top and a brush cutter to cut access points to the water:

pond march 4 2011 008 by jeffreythree1, on Flickr

But not enough time for the heavy duty box blade I picked up yesterday:

gannon box blade 002 by jeffreythree1, on Flickr