Originally Posted By: findfoolfight
Hey Nicky...you'll get used to the heat....no ice or snow on the road...genuine southern hospitality...too many wonderful things to list!Theres a couple of things you must do right away #1 Buy every Roy D Mercer cd and listen to them over and over!!! #2 Cultivate a taste for grits yes I said it GRITS!!!! AND FRESH SWEET TEA!!!

Well I know of this grits thing you speak of and with a little maple syrup or brown sugar it is comparable to the oatmeal of childhood. I have also come to appreciate sweet tea, especially fresh sweet tea. It took me a while because in NY when you get sweet tea it is in a bottle with the label Brisk :-( I have learned that is not sweet tea.

But I will have to pass on the Roy D Mercer.

I have actually been living on the Emerald Coast since Nov 07 and I can tell you I do love the area. Still not a fan of the heat but that is what God made AC for. Also I am married to a Texan and she has helped me adapt.

As for the grass management I definitely know I am going to have to evaluate and see what needs to be done. My goal with any kind of pond of this nature is going to be to make it self sustaining / managing. Granted that will take time and effort on my part but my goal is to avoid any herbicides as well as possibly putting in fertilizers. If I can do something through a more natural process I want to take that route.

Nick