First off Happy New Year to all.

It was a very busy and productive week to end the year.

The giant fishing pole is actually the ancor to our new shade sails we erected to control heat build up and fading issues. I am some what disapointed with the final look because this material is designed to be stretched tight in all directions. It did not turn out like the drawing board. We had limited time with the lift I rented so we had to rush the installation. It does do the job it was designed to do so hopefully I can figure out how to revise it to improve the appearance. We also did some repairs to our eve soffet which had come lose in spots and dropped down after 13 years of weathering.

We turned two pickup loads of 2x12 and 1/2 B/C ply into headers. A lot of screwing and gluing. We pre built all the headers and beams for the new house except the 50 footer that runs across the back porch.

Lastly we stained the concrete floors for the new structure. I am very pleased with how it turned out so far. We are going to clean the stain residue off the slab latter today and hopefully get it sealed tommorrow.

The road goes on forever and the party nevers end...............................................