brrrr....

Dski laid down the law a few weeks back in preparation for the coming winter. Temps below 20 degrees would preclude her from attending any LNP construction progress. I tested her resolve by scheduling a 3-dayer this past weekend, when the forecasted highs would be low 20's. Hey, heck...it's over 20, right? Single digit temps at sunrise weren't welcome, but she perservered...as did I.
My main job during these trying work conditions is to fill and fire up the kerosene heater. With no insulation and excellent roof ventilation, we retain no heat. Instead, the kerosene heater is used more like a campfire. Dski sets up a folding chair right in front of it. I keep waiting for the smores. Admittedly, I find plenty of quality moments warming my hands and face as we hope and wait for temps to rise into (and thru) the teens.
We move slowly, all bundled up and lookin' like the Michelin tire man....but we do move. I am pleased to report that we did finally complete framing in the entire upstairs. There is a bit of detail work left (blocking corners for drywall attachment), but the bulk of it is complete. Yeah, I know...it's just a bunch of 2 x 4's and 2 x 6's, but it turned out great and looks cool. I wait 'til the end of the day and Dski leaves before I walk thru the small maze and pretend to open doors as I walk thru the living quarters that I have seen in my mind's eye from day 1. It's stuff like this that inspires me to push on.
-
-
A few pics to share our progress

the floorplan, labeled for reference

master BR, looking toward master bath

other end of master BR, looking back toward walk-in closet

view from master bath throne
(this will always be significant as it looks down to the tiny shed we have called home as this project was built)