Well, nothing today. I spent more time plowing snow than expected so I ran out of time.

I did grab the SD cards from the trail cams. I hope I didn't make a mistake earlier in the ML season. I saw a big buck in shotgun season, and didn't have a good shot, so I passed, hoping to see him again. I've been passing every buck that I've seen hoping to see the big boy again. So far, I haven't, nor have I gotten him on any trail cam. He's as tall as this one, but a 10 pt., and his main beams go to his nose.

I had this one in my sights earlier in ML season for about 10 minutes. 200 Yds, but out in the open and not moving. It would have been an easy shot, but I passed hoping to see MR. Big. If I see this guy again, he's going down. He is about 2" wider than his ears, and the main beams come within 3" of touching each other over the bridge of his nose. Forget the date and time, pics are from the end of last week.

I also passed on him because I thought he was a younger deer.

My cousin said it all when he said "The best time to shoot a trophy buck is the first time you see him."

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).