Max your not that far from me, about 125 miles as the crow flies.
You must get lake effect from Lake Huron since your north of Lake Ontario, we get 200 to 300 inches of snow each winter mostly from Lake Ontario, and this causes problems with winter kill if you don't keep an area open for air exchange or have a good inflow of oxygenated water.

Since you have a deep pond an aerator keeping an opening in the pond should be adequate for trout, but with just FHM & GSH in the pond for this winter you should be ok. If you have electricity at the pond and not much spare cash you can put in a small linear air pump with a soaker hose for less than $100.
Having that smaller pond would be good for raising the FHM & GSH, I put both species in my pond the first year and stocked BRKT and RBT the second year, I never saw the FHM again after the second year, maybe the trout got them all or the water was too acidic for them. The GSH have thrived with the pond almost 5 years old and the trout love them.
As I mentioned winter kill before, that has been my problem, the pond is only 8ft. deep and it leaks, spring , summer and fall I pipe in 95 gpm and there are no problems, but haven't been able to do that in the winter. Now I'm pumping in water from the stream thru an insulated pipe and combined with the aerator and a submersible pump moving water around the dock I hope this is the year the trout survive.
For raising your feed minnows you can buy inexpensive small fish feed, you won't need high protein trout feed for that. If you make some large homemade funnel traps you can use them to trap out the minnows for transfer to the trout pond. Don't be surprised if your trout prefer the natural fish forage over pellets, if you have plenty of minnows and bugs they might not feed heavily on the pellets after a week or two after stocking, that's been my experience.

If your not sure of the summer pond temps it might be best to only stock a small number of trout next year, maybe 40, and monitor the temps and their progress throughout the summer, since your pond is deep that's a real plus, but not a guarantee.
Good luck with your pond, if you search this forum you will find lots of good info, keep us updated and photo's are always welcome.