Originally Posted By: Brettski
Originally Posted By: rockytopper
Most of the interior will be drywall with red cedar base board and door trim.

hmmm...red cedar interior trim...that's a different twist for me; never used it. How is the cost compared to, oh say, run of the mill red oak trim? Is it a stock item at supply houses and home centers down there?

Yes it is available in the local building supply houses but pricey. I shopped online across the country to buy in bulk and believe it or not got the best price out of Austin Texas. I even contacted mills in the north west and in Tennessee were it grows and they were about a dollar sq ft higher than what I ended up paying. I did get a bargain price on the T&G because it is an odd ball size 5 inch most suppliers I have found have 6 inch mill T&G not 5. I was told I could get more if I ever needed it, we shall see.

I believe it is much cheaper than red oak molded trim and board lumber but is graded on the rough side. Not recomended for those that do not have a rustic taste. They do have higher grades of clear red cedar but it gets expensive. You can use the smooth side on the interior but I personally don't care for it in this grade #2 or better tight knot.

The road goes on forever and the party nevers end...............................................