Originally Posted By: Bob Lusk
Yep, that was the bait...yep, I used it on 2 lb test. George, I would gladly accept that lesson on catching. Actually, I had seen some big bluegill congregating beyond the dock and was changing lures like Terrell Owens changes NFL teams. I had caught back to back to back bluegills on one bait, switched, caught another, saw those big ones, tied on the Roadrunner and pitched it past the bluegill. Bass hit it and the fight was on. I had him close to the shore five times and the drag would sing as she headed toward Davy Jones Lusk Locker in the depths. Finally, got it mostly tired, pulled it toward shore and it blasted off one last time...at the end of the line, flailing in the wind, a twisted little curve. Bad knot, two pound test...Lusk needs George.

Not only does Lusk need George....the Queen would dearly LOVE to beat me like a rented mule.

George, what are you doing Oct 23?
I'll call you...we may have an opportunity. Would you consider being our rented mule?
Bob, forgive me for missing this post - the forum has gotten too lengthy for me to read in detail but that's not a good excuse!

Today is October 23rd no less and we just returned from Freestone County for our annual family reunion.
We meet at our little country church every year where my grandpa hauled the timbers more than 100 years ago.
Highlight was with my grand daughter and new husband visiting the historic cemetary where many of my family are buried along side of ancestor grand parents that were early colonists of Mexico state of Tejas and later citizens of the Republic of Texas.

Then by utility vehicle all over our family ranch where the old Dallas Houston wagon road ran.

Quite a memoable day for the oldest surviving member of the clan!

Excuse my rambling - can I have a rain check?

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)