At the risk of beating this horse any more, I'll simply paste the somewhat predictable response below. Interestingly, the two specific questions that I posed were written in such a manner that either a "yes" or "no" would suffice.
It is almost comical how many/most/all gov't agencies seemingly prefer to offer verbal responses to specific questions during off-the-record conversations.

Dear Kelly,
Thank you for your questions. The EPA is in the process of finalizing the pesticide general permit within the next few months. Any questions and comments that are submitted to the Agency after the public comment closed on July 19th, 2010, are being collected and will be included in our question and answer document that will be made available on our website shortly after the permit is published. Please look for our responses to your questions then.
Sincerely,
Allison Wiedeman
-----------------
Sent by EPA Wireless E-Mail Services

Originally Posted By: ewest
They often fight with each other over power and control so why would you think they would not use them on little old you.

My previous comment was posed quite facetiously smile Your assessment is very accurate!