I guess I'll pull out The GSF the grandkids are catching as they are Green and have the spots on top and bottom. As for what I catch in the trap some GSF and mostly the 1/2" - 3/4" what I think are HBG, the GSF I take out and the others I put back.

For the life of me I go from no fish to a variety of fish, I stock 25 CC, 30 HBG (3-4") and 5 LMB 4" in Aug. Now here it is the beginning of Oct and I have at least 2 LMB 6-7", HBG or GG 1/2 to 3/4 inches, back cross HBG 2" and who knows what else.

The one positive note to all this is that since I spent 3 weekends and a couple of weekdays to clear the pond I can now enjoy seeing whats in there! This is the best part of all knowing that I have accomplished phase one, visibility! The grandkids love watching the fish. The next step to accomplish is getting them to eat pellets. My brother throws food twice a day but still no takers. I guess the minnows are in such large numbers I'll have to wait until they get thinned out.

Here is a pic of GSF caught in July before stocking pond, they are green with spots unlike any GSF I have seen here

Sometimes ponds are like women, a small one takes less to manage and more time for pleasure