Brettski:

My initial thoughts were white downspouts. But, the more that I think about it, the brown might be O.K. What about getting a stick of each holding it up to the building and Donnaski give it her expert eye?

I have used the vinyl gutters from Menards before. The first year they were fine, but as time went on, they became more and more bowed where the fastners weren't. They also started to leak at the joints during the freeze thaw cycles. I hate gutters with icecicles hanging down.

Personal taste? I'm going to pay the $$ and have seamless aluminum installed. I won't use the plastic snap together gutter again.

I'm interested in how you are going to hang the gutters. Right now my facia is at a 90° to the roof, not vertical to the ground. Soffit isn't installed yet. I was going to re-do the facia so it was vertical to the ground. Without hijacking the thread, can you pm me your thoughts on how to hang the gutters without roof straps?

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).