Ken, you said "If your pond is in sand, and your water comes from (1) or (2) above, I don't think a well point will help. You'll basically be filling your pond from the water table under your pond. If your pond is sealed with a liner or clay, and you are in sand, it may work."

That's what I'm doing. I know I'm really only circulating the ground water from the pond, back to the water table, then back to the pond, but if I didn't it would be down 5'-6' instead of 28". I'm pumping it into the pond quicker than it drains out, and evaporates, but just barely. That's the problem with digging in sandy area into the water table and not having clay to seal it.

I have a 4" well drilled down 66'. It has a 1 hp motor, and it is rated for about 28 GPM. For the past week+ I've been running it into the pond almost 100% of the time. I cut down the flow so I have enough water pressure in the house to get water from the tap, and enough to flush the toilets. When I take a shower, I go outside, turn the valve to the pond off and the water goes strictly to the house. When the well was drilled, we planned ahead and put a double length of well screen on the end. It is supposed to flow 100 GPM if I bump up the pump size.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).