Originally Posted By: JKB
I got a letter once, back in the early 90's to set up an interview for jury duty. I waited till the very last moment to call them and they politely said something like Thank you for responding, If we need you, we will be in contact. Something like that... Never heard from them again.

I did get a questionnaire to fill out about 20 years ago. I told them I was would be happy to serve on jury duty, but if possible not the last two weeks of June as that was when I go on vacation. Guess what? Sometime later I get a letter saying to come in on a date that was the last two weeks of June! I call and the country clerk and she says not to worry, as I'm disqualified anyway due to religious reasons. Huh? I didn't question it, but there was nothing about religion in my questionnaire, only perhaps that I was against the death penalty, but I don't recall saying it was due to religious reasons. I decided not to push it as I was now free to go bluegill fishing in New England!

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 09/11/10 09:50 AM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.